Sunday, December 13, 2009

Its nothing but time and a face that you lose

It took me a few seconds to recognize your dad when he came into my work. He's just as I remember him, actually, kind of sweet and intelligibly bumbling. There's a little bit more gray in his hair. He sold us 14 boxes of books, mostly old romance novels. Were they your grandmother's? He was looking for radio transistor manuals, I guess he and your mom liked playing around with your sound equipment too. I didn't know they had gotten licenses to broadcast on the radio. I don't know if it was out of habit that he told me you were coming back for your birthday.

Did you know your cousin is getting married? You know the one I dated two years before I met you?

God that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour

I found a box of the comics we did together in high school. Remind me to show you sometime.
To the sound of the pouring rain,
see.eye.

2 comments:

Maelie Jade said...

Intruding upon your personal post to tell you that I find it very very strange and coincidental and moreso that I first heard of that band and heard that song last night.

Caitlin Interruption said...

A boy introduced me to this song over the summer. It's been somewhat of an anthem for 2009 and beyond ...