Thursday, October 15, 2009

Momentary lapse of judgment and privacy

  1. Although I consider myself an open person, I'm finding my boundaries as far as respecting others' privacy, and my own. If I let loose all the little dirty secrets of the shitstorm I've been faring for the past 18 months, I would suddenly lose quite a bit of self-respect and quite possibly friends.
  2. I still am filled with immense joy when someone I grew up with doesn't recognize me whatsoever when we bump into each other in a public place.
  3. This weekend brings the last weekend of the Northern California Renaissance Faire, and with it sadness and some glee. I've missed out on some events around the Bay Area that I know I will be kicking myself for (i.e. Hoodstock '09, XY Scatter playing at the Blue Macaw after a year hiatus, the hip-hop show at The Stork Club Saturday night, Alternative Press Expo '09, and even GOGOL BORDELLO PLAYING AT THE FOX THEATER IN OAKLAND), but for the ... experience of the Ren Faire (basis for LARP, Confidential) and the very gracious, gorgeous, generous and thoroughly AMAZING people I have met through Nativearth, Schulps Pottery and good ol' Patrick Morris & archery, I wouldn't trade it for damn near anything.
  4. Finally, I sadly have not made the deadline for Alternative Press Expo this year (Matthew Silady had offered to sell my comics at his two booths, which you should fucking check out anyway!!) BUT I will have material available online AND I'm working towards WonderCon '10. If there are any painters, artists, vagabonds that would like to work a table with me, please email me.
  5. I got called a dumb grownup for the first time this week by a little girl I was trying to comfort. She was getting a flu shot (made a deal with my mother that if I went and got tattoos, I wouldn't complain about vaccinations or shots) and I was trying to tell her it would be okay, and she told me to shut up, that I was just another dumb grownup. I was deeply insulted.

And now for something completely different; pretending like I'll be going to do homework and not be a vandal.

No comments: