Monday, April 5, 2010

The birds, the bees and Betsy or "You Know You're A Creep When ..."

On April Fool's I braved AMTrak and buses to get to Chico, California to embrace the college life I missed out on, and visit David Mellons before his impending graduation.
Chico has a way of existing outside of the space time continuum that is generally accepted by present day physics; four days dissipated and before I could take in everything (apparently alcohol was excluded, and resulted in my first blackout in five years), I was hungover on a bus and heading back home.
Also, I almost stole this puppy. Her name was Hailey. Biggest babe magnet in town.
I look forward to returning to raid Dutch Brothers Coffee, and hounding the pie vendor at Thursday Night Market for her marion berry pie recipe. Also, dear Chicoians, if you find my dignity laying around in the bar known as "The Bear" (I'm pretty sure it got left by the Monopoly pinball machine), please smack it upside the head, give it some Alka-Seltzer and send it home to me.

---

Today I sold your shoes I never actually wore (or fit into) to Buffalo Exchange; I got $10. I spent it on an iced coffee and a pack of cigarettes, and said hello to another burned out romance that works down the street.
It is what it is, gentlemen and ladies.

xo
see.eye

Author's Note:
My former host and forever hooligan has informed me that if my dignity had been left up in Chico, it would be at the U-Bar, not The Bear. Obviously, I was not aware.
Regards,
c

1 comment:

Maelie Jade said...

I really love you, lady.
Miss your face.