Friday, June 4, 2010

Death of the Wayfairers and Nipple Falls [An Adventure]



I escaped on Thursday after an eight hour shift to Mariposa.

After four hours of 2-lane highways, 7 mile stretches of construction littered with people who didn't know how to properly merge and pitch black night seeping in between my music, I finally arrived in Mariposa. I can't say Mariposa is a one horse town, but I don't recall seeing a stop light. I vaguely recognized the protruding storefronts in the darkness from my last visit circa 2002, although my journey resulted in going the opposite direction anyway.

Moral of the beginning of story:

a journey into the middle of bumfuck nowhere at the end of a workday tends to be far longer than it really should be.

Eventually made it to Casa de Granville, where Rew and I made cheesy scrambled eggs with toast and caught up on the past eight months since The Northern Renaissance Faire. Boggle was brought out for two games (apparently Trouble meets Scrabble?) until Go-Go arrived from Fresno. Food was unpacked and introductions were made to extended family and Mr. Bojangles (family lovable behemoth dog). We plotted out our attack for the next day (and a couple of fantasy treehouses, see picture included)
We tackled the Mist Trail successfully, despite sunburns and prominent nipples making their descent down from the top of Vernal Falls.

Long story long, and being rather long-winded, I conclude I must go back before the summer is over, at least for sanity's sake.


No comments: