Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Feminism Doesn't Sparkle [outside link]

Working in a used bookstore, you get a lot of surprising questions/statements. Probably one of my favorites still remains to be, "Hey, so I'm looking for that Romeo and Juliet book by Ridley Scott?"
Anonymous bookseller: "... You mean by William SHAKESPEARE?"
Witless wanderer: "Yeah, that's the one."
But I digress ...

A friend sent me the above meme because I expressed distaste for the Twilight series, and have to bite my tongue when muscle-bound men and housewives have lined up, requested and belittled in order to get copies of the saga.
And now, another friend has posted this link, I was compelled, dear reader, to take it one step beyond, and give it the Caitlin Interruption nod (whatever the hell that may end up being worth).

"I love love. I think love is wonderful, but Twilight is not love, Twilight is not about healthy, equal relationships. Love is about equality. About partnerships. About trust."

I'm all for literacy, trust, equality and love. And no, I can't just read a book without analyzing it. Sorry lovelies.
[Edit: Why can't I just enjoy something for the enjoyment of it? Here's the explanation in a nutshell. And it was called "Moff's Law", and it was good]
Cheers to vampires the way they should be
(wrinkly, on the brink of decomposition and blood-thirsty)
c.i

2 comments:

Deau said...

update your shit lovely--
http://deausimpressions.blogspot.com/
&
http://brownbagnotebooks.tumblr.com/

<3 you +++

Unknown said...

why can't love be about consensual sadism?